The Due West Garden is in need of some sweet volunteers to help organize a club to help with our garden during the school year. We have a wonderful garden that has been managed by Due West staff and parents all summer and would really love to see someone come in a help a group of students tend to the garden twice a month. If you are interested or have any family members (grandmothers/grandfathers/moms or dads) that would be interested please let us know!!!
Our Due West Elementary School Gardens need love during the summer!
Come be part of our Summer Garden Team even if you don’t have a green thumb and don’t know where to start (we’ll help you out with that part!).
Being a Summer Garden Angel Family lets you:
- Enjoy the bounty of the gardens, help tend, water, weed, harvest and eat
- Have fun with other Due West families — a productive playdate all in one
- Learn with your children about our gardens and our plants
- Help keep the gardens in shape so they’re healthy, productive and ready for the fall
Please volunteer for one of the weeks to help out … send a response with your contact information and the week that works best for your family.
- May 29-June 4
- June 5-11
- June 12-18
- June 19-25
- June 26-July 2
- July 3-9
- July 10-16
- July 17-23
- July 24-30
- July 31-August 6
Have a great (FREE!) summer activity to do with your kids. Come to one of the two training sessions to get familiar with the gardens, activities and how you can help:
- Saturday May 21st at 10 am (meet at the garden)
- Sunday Evening May 22 at 7 pm (meet at the garden)
- If these dates do not work for you … that is OK, we can find another time/date.
RSVP TO firstname.lastname@example.org if you can volunteer as a Garden Angel Family.
Thanks for helping out in our Due West Gardens