Room Parent Information Center
Room Parent Coordinator: Danielle Rasmussen, email@example.com
Thank you for volunteering to serve as a Room Parent for your child’s class! Serving as a Room Parent is a great opportunity to get involved and to contribute to the success of Due West Elementary. Your time, talent, and dedication are greatly appreciated! Please review the following guidelines. If you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.
Room Parent Responsibilities:
Includes but not limited to:
- Act as a liaison between the PTA and classroom parents.
- It is helpful to attend PTA general meetings when possible.
- Compile contact information for classroom parents. Do NOT ask your teacher for a master email list as they are not allowed to provide this information for PTA purposes.
- Act as the activity coordinator for all celebrations, projects, and special events in the classroom and relay activity information between the teacher and classroom parents.
- Assist the teacher with planning and implementing the activities.
- Obtain donations and coordinate volunteers, as needed.
- Assist the teacher in the classroom or at home on special projects and tasks like material preparation as needed, or arrange other parent volunteers to do so.
- Recruit volunteers for PTA events, as needed. Information about these events will be sent to you from the PTA and should be forwarded along to your classroom parents.
Please refer to the “Room Parent Guidelines” link below for more specific information. Links for the form letters for paper communication are also available below.
Important Document Links
Please see our Calendar for important dates & events!